About Me

My photo
cambridge, mn, United States
This is one of my blog's I have a movie blog where I talk about movies I like and dislike. I also Have a blog about the relashionship between Americans and Filipino's and why they go the distance for love.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

At the mountains of madness not gonna happen.... Sad to hear.

In my last post I told you how Guillermo del Toro was going to be the director of the H.P. Lovecraft story "At the mountains of madness". Well since then there have been a lot of changes. Now the movie is not going to happen due to the fact that the movie was going to be rated R and cost $150 million to make. I believe that is about right for the films cost and rating unfortunately the movie company did not feel that way so it is a no go after all. I hate how the movie company's can not understand what the story's need to be turned into full length films. I'm sure none of the people who were handing off the money to make the film have never even read H.P. Lovecraft's story's to understand that they are so creepy and imaginative by far. So now that At the mountains of madness is no more. That will most likely mean none of H.P. Lovecraft's story's will be turned into a film. I was hoping for The call of Cthuhlu to be a movie or Dagon or The shadow over innsmouth. All great story's of Lovecraft's with a core that is shared between them all. Those are some of the best story's ever made in the horror/ Sci-fi world. Well that's my personal opinion anyway. So that sucks to have to let go of the wish to see H.P. Lovecraft's work come to life in film. Well maybe someday some one will see the true value in those story's and make them into the movies they need to be... Well that's it for now see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment