About Me

My photo
cambridge, mn, United States
This is one of my blog's I have a movie blog where I talk about movies I like and dislike. I also Have a blog about the relashionship between Americans and Filipino's and why they go the distance for love.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Super 8 movie review by L. Rutledge

"Super 8"  Well lets see?

I liked it and it was a good film. It is a good old kind of movie like "Goonies" or E.T. it feels like those film did when you first seen them back when they were new. I like how they made everything feel like 1979 totally. I think the acting of the kids in this film is great and funny too sometimes. The characters in this film you really care about and you always like them and want to see more. I remember the days when i was young like the kids in this film and how it was such a great time back then.

This movie is clearly meant to be like a Steven Spielberg movie. I like that about it. I don't know how well it will do against other films like X-Men first class or Green Lantern though. I'm sure it will be a big film but not like the others.


It is about an alien and the government and some kids being stuck in the middle of it all. In all the trailers you never see the alien and it kind of bothered me because these days there is no reason why we can not show CGI monsters and things with all the massive amounts of films using CGI and showing the viewers what they are dealing with often. I did how ever see the alien in the film eventually. I thought it was interesting what they did with it.

Over all i must say if you want to see a movie with story and heart with a Goonies/E.T. kind of feel this is perfect for you. I say the acting is great, story is great, the idea has been done before so that is OK. The CGI is real looking so that is great too. Over all I give it a 8 out of 10
its a good movie but not a must see as far as I'm concerned.

Leo's Review 3 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment